Monday, October 18, 2010

Bacon-Wrapped Chicken

How can you go wrong with bacon? And chive and onion cream cheese? This bacon-wrapped chicken (pg. 118) was awesomely yummy! I can see serving it for company. I'll probably make it for my mother-in-law when she comes. She cannot eat gluten, so I'm always looking for good recipes for her. I used maple bacon, which was fine, but it did add an extra flavor. Next time I'll use regular bacon. And there will be a next time for this recipe!

The ingredients

Preparing the chicken

OK, so this was a yucky mess. Next time I will have everything more organized so I don't have to keep washing my hands between every piece of chicken. I'll flatten all the chicken and lay it out. Then pull out the amount of bacon I need, have some salt in a little bowl, and cut up some butter. I didn't have it all together before I got started this time! I'm sure next time will go smoother.

Ready for the oven

Done!

Next time I will turn the chicken over and broil a few minutes so the bacon on the bottom gets browned. I did do that when we ate the leftovers and it was much better.

Delicious!

And I'm so glad I had a green with my last two meals. It's nice that someone was worried about my roughage intake! Thanks Leah!

Simplicity: 3 (next time will go smoother)
Taste: 5
Nutrition: 2.5 (I did use reduced fat cream cheese though)

1 comment:

  1. That does look good, and you are right, you can never go wrong with bacon.

    ReplyDelete