Monday, October 18, 2010

Tomato Spiral Toss

I've made two new meals that I haven't shared yet! I'll start with Tomato Spiral Toss (pg. 165). I'm not the kind that has to have meat with every meal, so I made this as the main course. I had lots of canned tomatoes in my pantry, so I substituted them instead of fresh. I also wanted to make it a little healthier, so I mixed garden rotini and whole grain rotini.

The ingredients

Getting it all together

The finished product

Ready to serve!

As soon as I smelled this, I realized I would like it better served as a cold pasta salad. I did not really care for this warm, but it was dinner time and I was hungry! Allie and I ate it the next day cold and it was really good. That's how I'll have it if I make it again. Not sure it will get in the rotation though.

Simplicity: 5
Taste: 2 (warm), 4 (cold)
Nutrition: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment